Thursday, December 2, 2010

Who'd a Thunk?

Hi. My name is Rita. I'm a Farmtown Junkie.

Okay, I've admitted that I spend over 8 hours a day on my computer, usually at the Facebook application: Farmtown. Which seems to be in direct contradiction as to my preference in environment living. I LOVE the big city! My favorite memories of young adulthood...okay older adulthood, too, are from living in Minneapolis and Des Moines in the downtown area. Being in the hustle and bustle of cabs, skyscrapers, bus transit, loud sirens  blaring around me (which only proves that I'm safer, Right! All those policemen and ambulances and fire trucks make me feel secure cause they "serve and protect", right? And I feel soooo protected:)

So, who'd a thunk that I'd be addicted to plowing fields, planting seeds, decorating my farms with buildings and trees and flowers and rivers and ponds, harvesting the crops, selling the crops, gaining coins so that I can start all over again??????? Guess I must have actually picked up some genes from my South Dakota grandparents who had a dairy farm, chickens, and big, beautiful sunflowers! I am so addicted that I have 7 farms to plow, plant and harvest and make products from that harvest to sell at the market...and NOT only just those 7 farms but 7 more farms on two other facebook accounts (yes, my hubby has so kindly allowed me to be creative on HIS farmtown, too!) That is TRUE LOVE, feeding my Farmtown addictions:):)

Well, would love to ramble on but I have corn to harvest, and ponds to fish, to say nothing of chopping tree from my pine and oak trees---then, on to harvest flowers and go to the marketplace and sell everything and if I have time, WORK on OTHER PEOPLE'S FARMS!!!!!

Who'd a thunk?

1 comment:

  1. Clarification from Rambling Rita...I am a Night Owl so my normal bedtime is around 3 am--that explains why I can spend over 8 hours a day on my farms!! Well, I expect that I would find a way to do it even if I WASN'T a Night Owl LOL!!

    ReplyDelete